This week, friend’s funeral. Young, kids school, few years battled cancer – Her life, how true Gospel is.
- Faced death so much peace, faith – ppl impacted
- Husband – not Catholic, grew faith, closer to church
- Kids – Inconsolable, angry at funeral grace, peace
- Anyone spent time… her faithful life bore lot of fruit
True – Always good to ask, how should we live diff if words true?
- Sow widely, w/ hope
- “Sowing seed” – sharing faith, evangelizing. Word scares, not knocking doors…
- Sharing faith we have – go to church, Facebook, deep conversation, witness (live differently bc/ of faith)
- Talk about sowing seed – sharing faith, many ways we can
Sow widely – sower doesn’t discriminate where he sows
- Always thought strange – waste seed on rock, path – don’t plow, weed
- Don’t know about ancient farming – sharing faith, right approach
How live diff if sow widely? Relationships don’t share faith?
- Not say talk Js all time – opp comes, don’t take it?
- Living witness – change, compromise way live avoid sharing?
- Why? Fear of offending – maybe no point – ppl not interested, dry ground
- If happens – when – living like parable not true?
- Sowing selectively – deciding who does/not get seed?
- Challenging self on this – friendships, family, quit. Take to heart.
- Sow widely
Reason: Hope – mean confident expectation, cautiously optimistic, expect good though don’t see now
- Reason Js uses image of farming talk about growing faith
- Farmers seed, expect good (not guaranteed, frost, fain, hail)
- Don’t see good, expect it come
When we sow seed – expect something to happen – change, heart touched, conversion
- Baptized, confirmed – God commissioned you do this
- If God gave you job, also gave ability to do it – his help
- Trust that, trust self, trust Lord
- Gospel shows – not always, not quickly – does happen
Lived though Gospel true – Share faith widely, expect lives change